Areas of Intervention
- Support HRH champions and advocates
- Capacity for leadership and management at all levels
- Capacity to lead multi-sector and sector-wide collaboration
- Strengthening professional associations to provide leadership amongst their constituencies.
- Evidence of high-level advocacy to promote the implementation of the HRH plan
- Leadership development program established for managers at all levels
- Involvement of wide range of stakeholders in policy and decision-making processes (professional associations, researchers, unions, private sector, FBOs).
Tools and Guidelines
Addressing the Health Workforce Crisis: A Toolkit for Health Professional Advocates Health Workforce Advocacy Initiative of the Global Health Workforce Alliance.
An Introduction to Monitoring and Evaluation of HRH. CapacityPlus, 2012
Creating a Work Climate that Motivates Staff and Improves Performance. The Manager, Management Sciences for Health (MSH), 2002.
Guiding Principles for National Health Workforce Strategies Health Workforce Advisory Initiative of the Global Health Workforce Alliance.
Human Resources for Health (HRH) Indicator Compendium. CapacityPlus, 2011
Managers Who Lead Toolkit: Resources to Support Managers Who Lead. Management Sciences for Health (MSH), 2005.
Stakeholder Leadership Guidelines. CapacityPlus, 2011
The Right to Health and Health Workforce Planning: A Guide for Government Officials, NGOs, Health Workers and Development Partners Physicians for Human Rights, 2008.
Workgroup Climate Assessment Tool and Guide for Facilitators. Management Sciences for Health (MSH), 2003.
Empowering Primary Care Workers to Improve Health Services: Results from Mozambique’s Leadership and Management Development Program. Human Resources for Health, 2008.
Human Resource Leadership: The Key to Improved Results in Health. Human Resources for Health, 2008.
Strengthening Management Capacity. World Health Organization, 2008.
The Role of Leadership in HRH Development in Challenging Public Health Settings. Human Resources for Health, 2008